As your website tracks attention and grows more users it’s important to know your SEO. But what does SEO actually mean? SEO stands for ”search engine optimization”. It may sound very important but keep reading to find out the basics of SEO and learn about a few ideas and the best practices.
What is SEO?
When your website shows up after someone searches for something you might be selling, this is considered SEO. Another way of thinking of SEO is like window shopping. You want to attract the most customers by making your window front perfect. It’s all about using the right words and descriptions to fit the potential customers that want to visit your site. This can be done in many different ways:
- Imagine accuracy
- Descriptive wording
- Make sure your website contains inventory selection
- Creating short meaningful page titles that convey the subject of your website
Advantages of SEO
There are many great practices to learn from SEO. Some people take this into account and make it their job! Here is some information to help you learn more about SEO:
- Provide key details and service information: Think about what you would want to tell your consumers and any useful information that will attract more customers. This can be product descriptions, the price, inventory options, and delivery options.
- Titles and Headings: Long websites can be sorted using titles and headings. Making them short and organized can help customers navigate through your website.
- Details: Adding pages such as “About Us” can create a connection with the user to allow them to get to know your website better.
- Images and Window Tags: Search engines won’t process images the way humans do so you must include words to help. This can also help individuals with disabilities. For example, someone that’s colorblind can have a description of a product with its color and name.
- Consumer Relations: When listing products on your website include many details. Most people come looking for what they searched for so make sure your details are precise.
Although with every positive there comes a negative. Here are some negatives that can be found on sites. Invisible text on websites tricks people into clicking on their websites. This should be avoided at all costs. These are called blackhats and most of these techniques don’t work. This might be effective for a short period of time but soon be shut down and become a huge waste of money. Google has many ways to detect these and get rid of them. The safeguards are there to help get rid of these tricks. These tips and practices will help you prove your SEO examples. This will help organize your website and allow search engines to understand your layout.
Search console is a free tool to help run your website and monitor its analytics. If you feel this is too confusing and want some help don’t worry, there are many SEO specialists organized that can help you understand what you’re looking for.